A versatile body brush suitable for wet and dry brushing with medium-firm bristles.
you are making a difference:
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource and one of the most environmentally sound plants available. It can be grown in damaged soil and has virtually no impact on the environment, making it a safe and renewable resource.
- Reduce the amount of non-biodegradable plastic entering landfills each year.
what is body brushing with a dry body brush?
Dry body brushing is a technique used to exfoliate and cleanse your skin, promoting a healthy and glowing appearance. It has excellent health benefits including increased circulation, cellulite reduction, smoother skin and, importantly, body brushing detoxifies the lymphatic system.
how to dry body brush:
Precautions: Never brush over inflamed areas e.g. open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburnt skin, active cancer states, enlarged lymph nodes.
- Use a soft bristle for the face, neck, decolletage and bikini areas.
- Generally stroke upward in one movement using light strokes and repeat 7 times.
- Brush the left side of the body before moving to brush the right side. (or vice versa)
- Adjust pressure to your comfort levels. A slight reddening of the skin (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
- Shower or bath immediately after body brushing to refresh the skin and wash away exfoliated cells.
- See our video demonstration with more details on how to body brush plus a bristle strength guide.
dry body brush care:
Spritz with a spray of diluted organic tea tree oil after each dry body brush to reduce risk of bacteria in bristles. Wash with hot soapy water once a week, pad excess water into a towel and leave to dry in a well ventilated area. Allow brush to dry completely before using again. Do not leave in a damp area, the bristles will mildew.
American company. Made responsibly in China.
Browse our other body brushing and body scrubs ranges.