A versatile body brush suitable for wet and dry brushing with medium-firm bristles.
you are making a difference:
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource and one of the most environmentally sound plants available. It can be grown in damaged soil and has virtually no impact on the environment, making it a safe and renewable resource.
- Reduce the amount of non-biodegradable plastic entering landfills each year.
what is body brushing with a dry body brush?
Dry body brushing is a technique used to exfoliate and cleanse your skin, promoting a healthy and glowing appearance. It has excellent health benefits including increased circulation, cellulite reduction, smoother skin and, importantly, body brushing detoxifies the lymphatic system.
how to dry body brush:
Precautions: Never brush over inflamed areas e.g. open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburnt skin, active cancer states, enlarged lymph nodes.
- Use a soft bristle for the face, neck, decolletage and bikini areas.
- Generally stroke upward in one movement using light strokes and repeat 7 times.
- Brush the left side of the body before moving to brush the right side. (or vice versa)
- Adjust pressure to your comfort levels. A slight reddening of the skin (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
- Shower or bath immediately after body brushing to refresh the skin and wash away exfoliated cells.
- See our video demonstration with more details on how to body brush plus a bristle strength guide.
dry body brush care:
Spritz with a spray of diluted organic tea tree oil after each dry body brush to reduce risk of bacteria in bristles. Wash with hot soapy water once a week, pad excess water into a towel and leave to dry in a well ventilated area. Allow brush to dry completely before using again. Do not leave in a damp area, the bristles will mildew.
American company. Made responsibly in China. Please note that the packaging of this product does contain some plastic.
Browse our other body brushing and body scrubs ranges.