Our deep cleansing DIY face mask with bentonite clay, raw honey and lavender will help to clear skin, minimise pores, and detoxify.
Bentonite clay is able to attract, trap and remove toxins from the body, which makes it the perfect addition to this deep cleansing DIY face mask. Meanwhile, raw honey is naturally antibacterial and can assist in skin healing. It’s addition will help to soothe skin and leave it so soft to touch. Tea tree powder is anti-bacterial, and lavender essential oil will provide extra skin nourishment and a beautiful scent.
- 1/2 cup of bentonite clay
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tea tree powder
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix the bentonite clay with the tea tree powder in a glass bowl with a wooden utensil (do not use a stainless steel as it will react with the clay)
- Add honey and mix to form a thick paste
- Add lavender essential oil
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix to form a thin paste (add more to achieve desired consistency)
- Pour mixture into a glass mason jar
How to use:
This recipe will make enough for approximately 4 applications.
Apply a generous amount to your face and neck in a circular motion. Be careful to avoid the delicate eye area.
Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes, and relish the opportunity to sit down, take a few deep breaths and relax.
Wash the mask off with a cloth soaked in warm water (the warm cloth will help to steam off the mask without having to rub the skin). Pat skin dry and apply your favourite natural face lotion afterwards. For best results, we recommend you use this deep cleansing mask 1-2 times a week.
Recipe courtesy of Wellness Mama
You can find all of the raw ingredients for this DIY face mask at our Balmoral store in Brisbane. Biome Balmoral: 216 Riding Road, Balmoral QLD 4171.