Who knew making your own lip balm could be so easy. All it takes is a few simple DIY skin care ingredients and your favourite essential oils – in this recipe we’ve used lavender and peppermint – and you will have everything you need to make a nourishing and protecting lip balm, perfect for the cooler months.
You will find all of the ingredients to make this lip balm online here and in our four Brisbane stores.
Our recipe calls for either beeswax or candelilla wax, shea butter, coconut oil and essential oils. Candelilla wax is a fantastic vegan alternative to beeswax that is rich in nutrients, skin conditioning and adds a nice gloss to lip balms. Our candelilla wax has been made into beads for ease of use, and is 100% natural and refined (filtered twice).
- 1/4 cup beeswax beads or candelilla wax for a vegan alternative)
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Melt the wax, shea butter and coconut oil together in a glass jug over a simmering saucepan of water.
- Once melted, add your essential oils and mix quickly.
- Pour the mixture into 15ml reusable glass pots, and allow to cool and set.
This recipe will make enough to fill approximately 15 x 15ml reusable glass pots. You could fill one 15ml glass pot and store the remainder in a larger glass jar. When you are ready refill your lip balm pot, melt it down, refill and leave to set.
Shop DIY skin care ingredients online or at our four Brisbane stores:
- Brisbane City: 33 Adelaide Street, Brisbane City
- Paddington: 2 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington
- Balmoral: 216 Riding Road, Balmoral
- Indooroopilly: Level 3, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre (towards the Myer end)