The Worm Habitat for dogs 140L wheelie bin kit is a perfect compost solution for your dog's manure.
This worm farm system has been designed to process dog manure in a sustainable, clean, safe, odourless manner. The reason to have a separate bin for dog waste is the worms will process the dog waste quickly and efficiently, with no odours, however if you add food scraps, the worms will prefer the food scraps and leave the dog waste, which means you may get some odours.
Worm farming is an excellent, fun & easy way to reduce your household, school or business waste. The castings and worm juice produced as a result will work wonders in your garden - converts have proclaimed that there is no better liquid fertiliser or soil conditioner than that produced by the humble earthworm. Choose your design from the drop down menu above.
how does Worm Habitat work?
The worm habitat wheelie bin works on a 'never fill' system which sets it apart from cheaper tray systems in it's user-friendliness. Comprehensive instructions on how to use the worm farm and settle the worms in are included, but the basics are very simple:
- Lift the lid and any top covering, scatter droppings in a layer onto the top, add a little moistened potting mix or soil to cover the layer, and then replace top covering and lid.
- Flush the system with water once a week and collect any worm juice from the drainage tap.
- Once castings begin to accumulate harvest these easily through the porthole.
what can I feed my worms?
Worms will happily eat dog manure and turn into a rich compost. The amount of manure your worms can eat will increase over time - start with small amounts and build up as your worm population grows.
you are making a difference:
- An average 150 000 tonnes of dog manure in plastic bags end up in landfill every year.
- Garden organically and replace chemical fertilisers with worm castings & worm juice to feed your plants & soil.
- Australian local business awarded for excellence in sustainability.
- Strong, sturdy with high capacity.
- 1000 worms plus bedding block included.
- User friendly design - no tray lifting or rotating. Easy to harvest liquid and castings.
- Side vents provide oxygen rich environment, allow air flow & keep unwanted pests out.
- Screw-out porthole allows easy access to castings.
- Perforated suspended internal base allows liquid to pass through the system whilst keeping it oxygenated.
- Tap fitting allows easy draining of liquid, an over-flow system prevents worms from drowning if too much liquid accumulates.
- Easily relocatable with sturdy wheels.
- High quality construction, made in Australia.
- Each component is recyclable at the end of it's life.
- 100% recycled/recyclable packaging including plastics.
- Comprehensive instructions, information, hints & tips included.
140 litre capacity
Due to the size and weight of the Worm Habitat, addtional shipping charges will apply. Either contact us prior to ordering or we will be provide you with a quote for approval after you have placed an order. A minimum charge of $50 will apply at checkout but this is not a final quote. Please note that these habitats must be shipped and are not available for pickup.
Browse all our worm farm products