you are making a difference:
- BPA, phthalate, PVC free.
- Made from toughened glass, a material that is safe and hard wearing
- protective non-toxic silicone sleeve provides a non-slip gripping surface that helps prevent breakage.
- Includes polypropylene (PP#5) cap and silicone straw.
- With glass there is no chemical leaching and no metallic taste.
- Widemouth bottle make it easy to add ice, citrus slices or tea bags.
- Dishwasher safe (place cap on top rack/no need to remove silicone sleeve).
Flow Control: Straw spout must be in full, open position for water to flow. This is designed to prevent leaking. Also, make sure the straw isn't creating suction at the base of the bottle. If so, snip a bit off the straw with scissors. For example, this can occur if you use a straw purchased on a 650ml bottle on a 475ml or 350ml bottle because the straw length is longer.
Noise: If you experience any humming or whistling noise while sipping, try moving/adjusting the small light grey umbrella valve that you see in the channel when the straw spout is in open position. This valve controls air flow and prevents leaking.
Pressure: Straw caps may develop excess pressure under certain conditions (e.g., hot day left in a car, flying on an airplane) that can cause the liquid to stream out of the spout when opened. To relieve pressure (and avoid eruption), simply unscrew the cap and release pressure. Rescrew the cap and then open the spout.
DO NOT FREEZE THE BOTTLE. Liquid expands when frozen and can crack the bottle.
DO NOT BOIL THE BOTTLE. Rapid temperature changes may crack the bottle.
All components made in the U.S. or Europe - Product assembled in the U.S.