The solar jar is literally bottled sunshine, it harnesses solar energy to provide a lovely warm light that lasts for up to 6 hours.
Safely housed in a beautiful 1L mason jar with a solar panel and LED light mechanism built into the lid. The solid glass mason jar is robust and fitted with a wire handle for hanging. Use your solar jar for camping, outdoor entertainment, night-light, study-light, decor or as an emergency backup light source.
The Solar Jar is flame free so it’s ideal for outdoor functions and where it’s prohibited to use open flame candles and hence also child friendly. The LED lights are solar powered by rechargeable batteries (all you need to do is place under the sunlight as is or just the lid) with a unique on-off switch that is 100% waterproof. Not only this switch is unique by its design but also adds a surprise factor to the setting.
To charge, leave your solar jar outside or in a sunny window in DIRECT sunlight for several hours to charge. 1 hour charge = 1 hour light.
you are making a difference:
- By choosing to use the sun\'s energy to recharge your batteries you are lightening the load on the planet.
- The glass of the jars is recyclable at the end of its life.
- Contains a highly efficient solar cell, 2 x AAA batteries, and 4 x high-bright energy efficient LED lights.
- Traditional-styled mason jar made from quality glass.
- At full brightness an A4 page can be read in complete darkness.
- Rubber seal in lid means that the jar is watertight and can be used outdoors.
Place objects such as buttons, flowers or crystals inside them for a quirky way to light up a dinner table or to decorate a mantelpiece.
Although it is made of clear glass, the colour of the light could be changed by simply inserting a coloured piece of cellophane or tissue paper under the lid and because the lights are LED, they never get hot and hence never burn the paper.
17cm H x 10cm D (not including wire hanger - wire hanger adds approximately 8cm to height)
Made in China.
Browse our other energy saving products.