A PlanetBox lunch box guides you in packing a well-balanced, litterless lunch. Bento-style, food safe stainless steel lunch box keeps most food separate (some small crumbs may transfer). While the top and the bottom meet to stop foods co-mingling, it is not leak-proof and not designed to hold wet, messy foods like yogurt and dip. The included leak-proof dippers are for such foods.
Carry bag update: a new style carry bag is now available. The original and new bags are the same size and have the same features, but there are some variations in the design such as the pocket shape. The new bags are shown in the bag compilation image (with diagonal pocket and small silver trim) -- they cost an additional $12 (plain colour) and $14.50 (patterned).
Bag compilation image shows from top, left to right: Plaid Chequered; Purple; Black; Red; Pink; Blue; Nebula; Botanical; Dino Camo.
you are making a difference:
- Helps save money, time and packaging waste going to landfill.
- Stainless steel is a non-leaching, non-toxic material for storing food.
- Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, meaning less waste in our landfills.
- The magnets are made out of a synthetic rubber material that has been certified to be free of toxic materials.
- Kit includes a Rover Planetbox, magnets, carry bag for easy transport, plus one big and one little leak-proof stainless steel containers ("dippers").
- No lid to keep track of because it's attached.
- The latch on the PlanetBox lunchbox is designed for 3-year-old hands and older to close and open by themselves.
- Lead free, BPA free and free from phthalates & PVC. 100% FDA approved materials.
- The PlanetBox is made of high quality 18/8 (300 SS) and 18/0 (400 SS, not 200 SS) stainless steel. It is food safe and will not leach toxic chemicals when in contact with food. Seals inside the dippers are made from silicone.
- Lunch box only is dishwasher safe.
keep it cool: Planetbox cold pack fits inside the carry bag to help keep contents cool for up to 8 hours >
- Independently certified to be safe from lead, phthalates, BPA, PVC, and other harmful chemicals.
- Made of durable, 100% recycled PET polyester fiber.
- Outside pocket for separate snack – the Big Dipper works great in this pocket.
- Shoulder strap can be clipped on or off.
- Inner mesh pocket fits an ice pack to keep your foods cold.
- Flexible straps inside the bag to hold PlanetBox utensils.
- Elastic water bottle pouch holds a bottle 8cm in diameter or less (bottles sold separatley).
- NEW bag: Outer material 100% recycled PET with PU coating. Inner material PET with TPU coating wipe down surface.
dimensions: Planetbox 25cm × 19cm × 5cm. Carry bag 30cm × 22cm × 6cm.
compare Planetbox sizes:
Shuttle: 3 compartments & 1 dipper container. Holds about 3 cups of food. Measures 19 cm x 12.5 cm x 5 cm.
Rover: 5 compartments & 2 dipper containers. Holds about 4.5 cups of food. Measures 25 cm x 19 cm x 3.75 cm.
Launch: 3 large compartments & 1 dipper. Holds nearly 6.5 cups of food. Measures 26 cm x 19.7 cm x 5 cm.
Browse the entire range of PlanetBox.
Lunch box only is dishwasher safe. Please ensure magnets are removed and everything is completely dry before reapplying magnets.
Hand wash bag (fully submerging bag in water is ok) and air dry.
For some great advice on how to care for your Planetbox please see our Planetbox FAQ.
Replacement parts: we offer replacement parts such as seals and magnets.