The Rover kit includes a Rover Planetbox, magnets, a carry bag for easy transport, plus 1 big dipper and 1 little dipper leak proof stainless steel containers.
A PlanetBox lunch box guides you in packing a well-balanced, litterless lunch. The bento style, food safe stainless steel lunch box keeps food separate. The top and the bottom meet so that foods will not co-mingle, even when carried and stored on its side, but the seal on the PlanetBox itself is not designed to hold wet, messy foods like yogurt, dips, and applesauce. The leak-proof Big and Little Dippers included are the best option to use for these foods.
Carry bag update: a new style carry bag is now available. The original and new bags are the same size and have the same features, but there are some variations in the design such as the pocket shape. The new bags are shown in the bag compilation image (with diagonal pocket and small silver trim) -- they cost an additional $12 (plain colour) and $14.50 (patterned).
Bag compilation image shows from top, left to right: Plaid Chequered; Purple; Black; Red; Pink; Blue; Nebula; Botanical; Dino Camo.
you are making a difference:
- Helps save money, time and packaging waste going to landfill.
- Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, meaning less waste in our landfills.
- The Magnets are made out of a synthetic rubber material that has been certified to be free of toxic materials.
- Includes magnets, carry bag and two leak-proof stainless steel containers with green silicone lids.
- The latch on the PlanetBox lunchbox is designed for 3-year-olds and up.
- Lead free, BPA free and free from phthalates & PVC. 100% FDA approved materials.
- Lunch box only is dishwasher safe. Please ensure magnets are removed and everything is completely dry before reapplying magnets.
The PlanetBox is made of high quality 18/8 (300 SS) and 18/0 (400 SS, not 200 SS) stainless steel. It is food safe and will not leach toxic chemicals when in contact with food.
keep it cool: the Planetbox cold pack is designed to fit inside the carry bag to help keep contents cool for up to 8 hours >>
- Independently certified to be safe from lead, phthalates, BPA, PVC, and other harmful chemicals.
- Made of durable, 100% recycled polyester fiber.
- Outside pocket for separate snack – the Big Dipper works great in this pocket.
- Shoulder strap can be clipped on or off.
- Inner mesh pocket fits an ice pack to keep your foods cold, and flexible straps inside to hold PlanetBox utensils.
- Elastic water bottle pouch holds a bottle 8cm in diameter or less (bottles sold separatley).
dimensions: Planetbox 25cm × 19cm × 5cm. Carry bag 30cm × 22cm × 6cm.
compare Planetbox sizes:
Shuttle: 3 compartments & 1 dipper container. Holds about 3 cups of food. Measures 19 cm x 12.5 cm x 5 cm.
Rover: 5 compartments & 2 dipper containers. Holds about 4.5 cups of food. Measures 25 cm x 19 cm x 3.75 cm.
Launch: 3 large compartments & 1 dipper. Holds nearly 6.5 cups of food. Measures 26 cm x 19.7 cm x 5 cm.
Browse the entire range of PlanetBox.
For some great advice on how to care for your Planetbox please see our Planetbox FAQ.
Replacement parts: longevity is an important eco princple, hence we offer replacement parts such as seals and magnets.