Launch kit contains a Tall Dipper with silicone lid for dips and sauces, magnet set, and a carry bag for easy transport. You can choose between the Launch sleeve & Rover carry bag as they will both fit the Launch lunchbox.
Carry bag update: a new style carry bag is now available. The original and new bags are the same size and have the same features, but there are some variations in the design such as the pocket shape. The new bags are shown in the bag compilation image (with diagonal pocket and small silver trim) -- they cost an additional $12 (plain colour) and $14.50 (patterned).
Bag compilation image shows from top, left to right: Plaid Chequered; Purple; Black; Red; Pink; Blue; Nebula; Botanical; Dino Camo.
PlanetBox is designed to keep foods from “touching each other.” When you close your PlanetBox the top and the bottom meet so that foods will not co-mingle, even when carried and stored on its side. The seal on the PlanetBox itself is not designed to hold wet, messy foods like yogurt, dips, and applesauce. The tall dipper included is the best option to use for foods such as these. They have a silicone rubber seal that engages when placed inside the PlanetBox to create a tight leak-proof seal.
you are making a difference:
- Helps save money, time and packaging waste going to landfill.
- Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, meaning less waste in our landfills.
- The Magnets are made out of a synthetic rubber material that has been certified to be free of toxic materials.
- One lid attached with a hinge.
- Includes fun magnets to decorate your Planetbox.
- Carry bag and a tall dipper for dips.
- The latch on the PlanetBox lunchbox is designed for 3-year-old hands and older to close and open by themselves.
- Lead free, BPA free and free from phthalates & PVC. 100% FDA approved materials.
- Glass satellite dish to be purchased seperately.
- Outside made of durable 100% recycled PET. Inside made of coated PEVA for easy wipe down cleaning.
- Independently certified to be safe from lead, phthalates, BPA, and other harmful chemicals.
- Detachable adjustable shoulder strap and carry handle perfect for transportation to work and school.
- Insulated soft sided walls. An ice pack can be included inside next to your lunchbox to keep it cool.
Rover carry bag:
- The Launch lunchbox will also fit inside the Rover carry bag, you can select this style for the Launch lunchbox from the dropdown menu.
- All features listed above plus:
- Outside pocket for separate snack.
- Inner mesh pocket fits an ice pack to keep your foods cold.
- Flexible straps inside the bag to hold PlanetBox utensils.
- Elastic water bottle pouch holds a bottle 8cm in diameter or less (bottles sold separately).
Planetbox - 26 cm × 19.7 cm × 5cm
Carry bag - 28 cm × 23 cm × 7 cm
Materials - The PlanetBox is made of high quality 18/8 (300 SS) and 18/0 (400 SS, not 200 SS) stainless steel. It is food safe and will not leach toxic chemicals when in contact with food. These types of stainless steel have been used for food storage in many cultures for generations, and are preferred materials for hospitals, commercial kitchens, and other environments where sanitation is a priority.
Dipper lid is made from silicone that conforms to U.S. FDA and Europe’s stricter LFGB standards, and is safe from toxic chemicals.
compare Planetbox sizes:
Shuttle: 3 compartments & 1 dipper container. Holds about 3 cups of food. Measures 19 cm x 12.5 cm x 5 cm.
Rover: 5 compartments & 2 dipper containers. Holds about 4.5 cups of food. Measures 25 cm x 19 cm x 3.75 cm.
Launch: 3 large compartments & 1 dipper. Holds nearly 6.5 cups of food. Measures 26 cm x 19.7 cm x 5 cm.
Browse the entire range of PlanetBox.
For some great advice on how to care for your Planetbox please see our Planetbox FAQ.
Replacement parts: longevity is an important eco princple, hence we offer replacement parts such as seals and magnets.