Set of 3 lightweight reusable produce bags in a handy pouch designed to contain and preserve your fruit, vegetables and bulk foods.
A great solution for eliminating single-use plastic when you are grocery shopping.
- 1 x organic cotton-hemp blend bag (absorbs excess moisture and restricts airflow) - for green beans, nuts, grains, bulk foods
- 1 x rePETE (recycled polyester) solid weave bag (restricts air flow and locks in moisture) - for squash, broccoli, carrots and celery
- 1 x rePETE (recycled polyester) mesh weave bag (allows ethylene* gas, nature's ripening agent, to escape) - for apples, oranges, onions and potatoes
- Nest inside a pear pouch with handy carabiner to keep in your bag or car
- Each bag measures 23cm x 23cm
- Easy care - machine or hand wash, hang to dry.
you are making a difference:
- Consuming less over time: Reusing a bag instead of using a new bag at the supermarket each time is good news for the environment.
tips to store your fruit & veg:
Fresh fruit and vegetables breathe at different rates - they are divided into 3 categories:
1. High breathers (store in mesh bags): broccoli, brussels sprouts, peas & snow peas, spinach etc
2. Medium breathers (store in mesh bags): beans, cabbage, cauliflower, fresh herbs, fresh shallots, green onions, greens, leeks, lettuce, ripe apples, citrus, ripe pears, peppers
3. Low breathers (store in solid bags): asparagus, beetroot, mushrooms, carrots, celery, cucumbers, turnips, zucchini, ripe berries, all other fruit not in the medium category.
Browse all our reusable bags.
Bonus tip! * Keep ethylene emitting produce separate from other produce to prevent over-ripening and premature spoilage. The top five producers of ehtylene gas are cantaloupes (rockmelon), apples, apricots, pears and avocados. Wash cold and hang dry.