Conventional methods of colouring hair use chemicals considered at the least harsh & the worst toxic.
Surya Henna Cream is an innovative approach to colouring. The process uses mild agents to create an alkaline environment that gently swells keratin scales. This allows smaller pigment molecules to lodge among the superficial layers of the cuticle & larger molecules to rest on the strand creating a strengthening effect. It gradually washes out leaving a natural hairline & the health of the hair is preserved.
For effective yet gentle results, the product contains 1-3% of safe synthetic dyes. Surya has painstakingly researched dyes with the mildest properties & best safety data available, including new information from the EU whose standards are considered internationally stringent.
you are making a difference:
- Raw materials sourced using sustainable methods & where possible ethically wild crafted or organic ingredients from India & Brazil.
- No peroxide, ammonia, resorcinol, PPD, heavy metals, parabens, synthetic fragrance.
- Packaged in boxes from 100% recycled paper.
- No animal testing.
- Certified vegan by Vegan Action.
- Guaranteed to colour gray hair in one easy application.
- Semi-permanent hair colour, lasts about 7-10 washes.
- Easy to apply, no mixing. Retain remainder, no waste.
- Does not damage or change the structure of the hair.
- Excellent for those with chemical sensitivities & pregnant women.
- Read instructions carefully. Sensitivity test 24 hours before use.
- Dermatologically tested hypo-allergenic.
- Surya Henna Cream does not strip the melanin from the cortex, so your current hair colour will play a role when choosing your shade.
- Unique colours can also be achieved by blending different shades of the cream together.
- There is no interval necessary between applications. If you don’t feel the colour you have chosen is right for you, you may immediately apply another colour treatment.
- Surya does not use any bleaching agents such as peroxide, so it is not possible to use Henna Cream to lighten the hair.
- Colour uptake should be monitored in the case of dry, damaged or processed hair.
Deionized Water, Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether (mild synthetic solvent is a large molecule which precludes it from penetrating deeply into the skin in contrast to propylene glycol which penetrates the skin & allows undesirable ingredients such as dyes, preservatives & synthetic agents in formulation to enter more easily), Cetearyl Alcohol (coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (coconut), Babaçu Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Henna, Mallow, Hazelnut, Açaì, Aloe Vera, Brazil Nut, Yarrow, Guaraná, Arnica, Chamomile, Carrot, Juá, Amla, Acerola, Hydroxyethylcellulose, & Rose, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Sandalwood essential oils (natural ingredients from plants or fruits, for their emollient, moisturising, scalp protecting, & other properties), Dehydroacetic Acid & Benzyl Alcohol (gentle alternatives to formaldehyde donors & halogen based preservatives (like chlorine, bromine, & fluoride), which are suspected carcinogens & potent allergic agents), Aminomethyl Propanol (synthetic, gentle alkalizer), Hair colour dyes (synthetic, but carbon based, not heavy metal based) may include 2-Amino-6-Chloro-4-Nitrophenol, Hc Blue 2, Hc Yellow 5, Hc Red 3,Hc Yellow 2, Hc Yellow 4, Hc Red 1, Disperse Violet 1, Hc Violet 14 D And Disperse Black 9.
Browse our other Surya products.