BioFilm bags are the world's first certified, fully biodegradable plastic bags that can even be composted. 10 litre size.
Box of 20 bags. Dimensions of bag: 42cm long x 54cm wide.
Small waste bins
Storing fruit & vegies (because these bags 'breathe' they keep fruit & vegies fresher for longer). Wrap your food in BioFilm bags rather than toxic plastic.
Reuse and take them to the supermarket to save wasting plastic bags.
Also available in 30 & 35 litre - under the Kitchen department.
Now that we are taking resuable bags to the supermarket and not bringing home loads of plastic bags, what do we use for bin liners, nappy bags, etc?
You may be aware of debate over 'degradable' plastic bags, which are polyethelene bags with a percentage of plant starch or additives. Such bags break down into pieces of plastic debris that do not compost.
To avoid misleading claims and be sure that the bags you purchase will actually biodegrade rapidly and safely, look for independent certification. Our bags are fully certified to EU OK Compost and US standards to be 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable. They contain no polyethylene.
Lots of interesting info about BioFilm:
- Completely biodegrades after 10 - 45 days depending on the method used — compared with 50 or more years for normal plastic bags;
- A better choice for rubbish, because normal plastic bags slow the natural process of the rubbish biodegrading;
- Because these bags breathe, they are ideal for collecting food waste for composting as they reduce smells, stop mould growth and the waste dries out making it easier to compost or worm.
- Certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) and DIN CERTCO;
- Made of a material called Mater-Bi, which consists of cornstarch, biodegradable and compostable polyester and vegetable oil.
Made in Norway.