100% pure essential Eucalyptus oil is a hard-working essential oil that can be used for an incredible number of purposes.
Eucalyptus oil is extracted from the foliage of our native Australian Eucalyptus trees and is a natural disinfectant, anti-bacterial cleanser and deodoriser. Eucalyptus oil cleaning uses for the home are incredibly varied, and it also has a place in the first-aid cabinet.
What to use Eucalyptus oil for?
- temporary relief of the symptoms of colds and influenza: add 15-20 drops to steaming hot water and inhale, covering your head with a towel, or inhale a few drops on a hankerchief
- temporary relief of muscular aches and pains: massage Eucalyptus oil into affected areas until a warm glow is felt
- insect bites: apply oil onto affected areas
- foot bath: add one teaspoon of oil to a foot bath for a rejuvenating soak
- hand cleaner: remove unpleasant smells or grease and paint from hands by rubbing with a cloth moistened with oil and then with soap and water
- how to remove sticky labels: test on an unseen area first then remove by rubbing gently with a Eucalyptus oil moistened cloth
- adhesive bandages: moisten with oil, then lift off painlessly
chewing gum, paint, ink marks: rub towards centre of stain with oil moistened cloth
- toilet: a teaspoon of oil in toilets or drains is a good disinfectant, cleaner and deodoriser
- laundry: add one or two teaspoons of oil to each load; ideal for work clothes, sportswear, socks and nappies; helps to control dust mites
- dog wash: a little eucalyptus oil added to water when washing a dog can help get rid of fleas.
And finally, a garden pest spray recipe from Kevin Walsh, ABC radio
1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil
1 teaspoon of biodegradable liquid detergent
500ml of water
Mix the ingredients together in a small sprayer. Always shake thoroughly before each use.
Spray around seedlings and base of plants, and under leaves to ensure spray actually contacts the insect it is trying to control.
Use to control many garden pests including aphids, pear and cherry slug, caterpillars, whitefly, mealybugs, etc.
Do not store made up spray. Thoroughly wash sprayer after use.
Ingredients: 100% pure eucalyptus oil.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not to be taken.
Produced from true blue Australian trees.