Detox naturally with Bodecare's 100% plant fibre bristle and timbre handle japanese body brush.
Improve your overall health by regularly detoxing your skin through dry body brushing. If you are ready to upgrade to a firmer dry body brush or you are wanting a brush to travel with or looking for a great gift idea the Japanese Body Brush with sisal twine handle is the perfect brush. This brush is made of sisal plant bristles which is from the Agave plant, it is very stimulating on the skin because there are no sharp edges on the rounded brush head.
Dimensions: 19cm length, brush diameter measures 8cm at widest
what is body brushing with a dry body brush?
Dry body brushing is a technique used to exfoliate and cleanse your skin, promoting a healthy and glowing appearance. It has excellent health benefits including increased circulation, cellulite reduction, smoother skin and, importantly, body brushing detoxifies the lymphatic system.
how to dry body brush:
Precautions: Never brush over inflamed areas e.g. open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburnt skin, active cancer states, enlarged lymph nodes. Perform on Dry Skin only. This will provide the best stimulation and exfoliation. When plant bristles are wet, they go soft and clump together.
- Use a soft bristle for the face, neck, decolletage and bikini areas.
- Generally stroke upward in one movement using light strokes and repeat 7 times.
- Brush the left side of the body before moving to brush the right side. (or vice versa)
- Adjust pressure to your comfort levels. A slight reddening of the skin (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
- Shower or bath immediately after body brushing to refresh the skin and wash away exfoliated cells.
- See our video demonstration with more details on how to body brush plus a bristle strength guide.
dry body brush care:
Spritz with a spray of diluted organic tea tree oil after each dry body brush to reduce risk of bacteria in bristles. Wash with hot soapy water once a week, pad excess water into a towel and leave to dry in a well ventilated area. Allow brush to dry completely before using again. Do not leave in a damp area, the bristles will mildew.
Browse our other body brushing and body scrubs ranges.