Get this classic look without synthetic or harmful ingredients using Inika mineral makeup in 6 easy steps. (+ CHANCE TO WIN INIKA MAKEUP!)
We love using Inika mineral makeup because it is both natural and beautiful. Inika goes the extra mile with its environmental awareness, with a long list of eco credentials (to name a few: all products are certified cruelty-free, boxes are made from recycled materials, and wherever possible their products are certified organic).
Before we get started, it’s a good time to reiterate that the key to flawless makeup is blending. This is especially true with the dark colours used for a smokey eye as unevenness and harsh lines are highlighted. So remember, blending is your friend!
1. Apply a little Inika pure primer (1) to the lid of your eye and blend upward (this will help the eyeshadow stay put for longer).
2. Apply Inika eyeliner in black caviar (6) just above the upper lash line, and to the lower lash line. Once applied, run your finger over to carefully smudge the lines. At this stage, you can line to the lower inner rim of the eye if you like this look.
3. Using the Inika shadow brush (2), apply Inika mineral eyeshadow in thunder (4) to the lid of your eye starting at your lash line, blending up but stopping dark colour at the crease. Blend shadow at the lash line until any harsh eyeliner line disappears.
4. If you have lined the inner rim of your eye, set the liner using the Inika angle brush (3) to pat a little more of the Inika mineral eyeshadow in thunder (4) over the rim of the eye. Take care to tap off any excess eyeshadow powder from the brush beforehand to avoid any irritation to your eye.
Also, if you’ve always thought a smokey eye based on black seems a little harsh for you, or for a daytime look, replace the above with brown tones by using (4) Inika eyeshadow in coco and (5) gold dust, (6) Inika eyeliner in coco, and (7) Inika mascara in brown.
:: WIN ::
To be eligible for the draw you need to:
(1) Follow our blog (if not already) by clicking on the Follow tab hovering in the bottom right of your screen, then;
(2) Leave a comment below this post telling us what you love about Inika (or why you would love to try Inika)!
We’ll draw one comment from a follower to win! Competition ends midnight Friday, 22 June 2012. Australian residents only.
Congratulations to Von, winner of the Inika makeup prize pack. We greatly appreciate everyone who shared their thoughts
about Inika and using natural, ethical and vegan makeup – thank you!
UPDATE (6th August, 2012): After many unsuccessful attempts to contact the original winner Von, we decided to redraw this prize and are pleased to announce that Alison is the (very) lucky new winner!